Advanced Sintering Lab
Equiped with state-of-the-art furnaces for fabricating of ceramics and composites, including cermets, in controlled atmosphere, with and without pressure, and at temperatures up to over 3000 °C, including fast sintering techniques:
- Spark Plasma Sintering (SPS).
- Microwave Sintering (MWS).
- Hot-press (HP).
- Graphite furnaces up to 2400 °C.
- Flame furnaces up to over 3000 ºC.
- Multiple conventional furnaces up to 1800 ºC.
The lab includes means for the preparation of parts:
- Uniaxial press.
- Cold isostatic press.
- Cutting and polishing machines.
Hot press system for sintering in a controlled atmosphere up to 2100 ºC